Our Mission //
Strategic Communications’ mission is to promote Penn State as a top-tier university, strengthening our reputation in regional, national, and international spheres of influence and support in ways that serve the University’s recruitment, resource, and leadership goals.
“We have a magnificent story to tell.We can tell it with taste, creativity, and some humility. But tell it, we will.”
Vice President for
Our Vision of Work //
We approach everything we do with a clear purpose, a philosophy of integration, and an eye toward measurement. Collaboration across each of our functions—from events to media pitching to social media—is essential to telling our stories in the most engaging ways possible while maximizing our reach across channels. While we approach our work as one cohesive team, our office is organized into four units based on functional roles and areas of expertise.
Our Goals //
Across our units, we aim to:
- strengthen the University’s reputation for academic, research, and service excellence;
- protect and advance the University’s reputation for integrity;
- nurture pride and attachment to the University;
- build understanding and support for the University’s needs and priorities;
- grow the value of a Penn State degree.
For a comprehensive look at our mission, goals, and values, read our Strategic Plan.
Our leaders guide and inform communications initiatives across the University, including marketing, branding, advertising, proactive media, social media, research communications, licensing, and more.